Ziosk is revolutionizing the $472 billion restaurant industry by providing on-the-table payment and guest ordering experiences.
Today there are over 190,000 Ziosk tablets deployed nationwide at over 3,000 restaurants including Olive Garden, Red Robin, Outback, TGI Friday’s, Yard House, and processing over $12 Billion in payments per year.
We are expanding our team in the areas of development, sales and customer service to support this growth.
Ziosk is looking for a Senior Support Engineer. This role will be responsible for researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues. They will take ownership of escalated support issues and will see all problems through to resolution. They will diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems assist with installation of applications and programs. Responsibilities will include resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and Ziosk software, and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support to the customer. The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, dependable, and can present him/herself professionally in a customer environment. Must be highly organized and willing to work with the team to achieve a great outcome for our customers.
- Support 3000+ Windows server environments
- Perform Windows server troubleshooting
- Support Ziosk devices and custom applications
- Take escalations from Engineer I and Engineer II
- Incident Management for customer support issues
- Problem management and root cause analysis of support issues
- Manage and support customer implementations
- Create knowledgebase articles and training documentation
- Conduct one-on-one and group training sessions
- Manage third party vendors that is used by Ziosk to do the physical install of the Ziosk platform.
- Work with customers and Project Managers to collect all required information for any assigned implementation
- Handles QA checks for all assigned installations
- Train restaurant staff and internal Ziosk employees on the Ziosk systems and implementation process and systems
- Communicate issues and/or project status for assigned implementations
- Contribute to the creation of implementation guides and training materials for internal Ziosk employees and customers
- Will assist our 3rd party vendor as needed with physical cabling, access point installation, server installation, network switch installation and the configuration of devices.
- Will be trained to support a variety of point of sale systems that are used by our customers
- Assist customers with Point of Sales integration with Ziosk systems
- 8+ Years working as an IT / Support Engineer
- Strong Windows Server knowledge
- Strong general networking knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to professionally interact with customers at all levels
- Must be willing to document work effort and project status on an ongoing basis
- Schedule will deviate based on customer install / training schedule
- Must be willing to learn how to setup Ziosk systems with many different types of POS (Point of Sale) systems
- Existing POS knowledge is not a requirement but is a plus
- Linux knowledge is a plus
- Minimal travel may be required
Ziosk is an Equal Opportunity employer offering competitive benefits and compensation. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and be able to commute daily to office. No agencies or third party recruiters, please.